When you submit your article to an article directory you often set it and forget it hoping that some ezine publisher will include it in his ezine or newsletter and gets indexed by the search engines. This is only a partial view of what happens. You often receive an immediate boost in visitors when you send in your article.
Here’s a description why this occurs:
A day in the life of a new approved EzineArticles.com article:
1. You send in an article.
2. We approve and publish it.
3. We send it to our RSS feeds in real-time and your article gets read by folks who view our site in their favorite RSS reader. A select group of approved RSS publishers publish your title, summary and a link back to the full article, giving it more traffic.
4. We make it available to our new XML keyword search partners that return keyword search results of the most recent articles submitted as we can only display 10-25 usually for them… hence, the newest articles get listed first.
5. Your article gets included in the recently submitted articles in the category you selected until it gets bumped out of the list. That means other articles from your fellow authors help bring traffic to your article for about 20-35 position movements.
6. Your article get promoted to our proprietary email alert lists and this brings more traffic to your articles.
7. The search engines discover your article and give you an initial ranking. A few days to a few weeks later, your position in their indexes settles due to intense competition for the top.
8. In our category views, we list the newest articles on top and the oldest near the bottom. This is designed to encourage you to send in a continual flow of articles while giving our web surfers the freshest content.
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
owner and author of Web Design, SEO, Web Hosting
Receive fresh, in-depth articles articles on how to design, optimize and promote your web site by subscribing to his “Marketing Tips” newsletter at: http://www.isitebuild.com/