One of the biggest mistakes beginning video marketers make is not having a clear purpose and goal for creating their videos. They know video is currently the hot marketing trend and therefore jumped on the bandwagon without thinking about long term strategy. The author of “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” says “begin with the end in mind.” This means you have to think about the results you want to achieve with your videos then work towards achieving them.
Here are 5 steps to clarify your video marketing strategy
1. Clarify Your Purpose
When I first begin shooting videos I just did it for fun. It was a good motivator at first however it wasn’t geared to building my business because the videos looked awful, received little or no views and weren’t optimized for the search engines. As I practiced creating better videos my thinking transformed into the goal of using them to drive traffic to my websites and generating new leads.
2. Have A Measurable Goal
Now that you’ve clarified your purpose think about a goal which can be measured. For instance if the purpose of your videos is to get viewers to subscribe to your list, then make sure you track the statistics. If you’re using Aweber or some other Mailing List Provider, you’ll be able to monitor how many new subscribers sign up each day. If your goal is to get 70 new subscribers a week then you’ll need to create enough targeted videos that generate 10 per day.
3. Create Targeted Content
Now that you have a clear purpose and a measurable goal, create a list of topics to create videos for. If you’re stuck for topics open up the Google Keyword Tool and do a search on your main keyword. The tool will generate a list of related keywords. Create a separate video for each keyword by expanding on the title. Creating short 2-3 minute videos are best to maintain the attention of your viewers.
4. Clear Call To Action
Your ultimate goal is to get viewers to take action so make sure you tell viewers know what to do, why they should do it and how to do it in each video. Instead of just saying it it the video, re-emphasize the points using annotations ie “click here to subscribe to my free report.”
5. Monitor Your Results
Don’t just let your campaigns run without analyzing your video statistics. Utilize YouTube Analytics to see if viewers are watching your video to the end. If you’re getting lots of views but no one is subscribing to your list it may mean your content is not good enough to keep the attention of your viewers. To solve this problem create content that solves the problems of your audience.
I highly recommend taking the One Month Trial Membership of Reel Marketing Insider Video Training Course for only $1.00. It shows you Step-by-Step how to create cutting-edge videos. Click the banner below to join NOW.
- Reel Marketing Insider Review: Video Marketing Course
- What Is Your Video Marketing Strategy?
- Video List Building: How To Build Your List Using YouTube Videos
- 7 Ways To Increase YouTube Subscribers and Expand Your Audience
- How To Convert YouTube Traffic Into Leads
- Top 10 Benefits Of Using YouTube Videos For Marketing Local Businesses
- YouTube Annotations Increase Viewer Engagement
- How To Promote Affiliate Products With YouTube Videos
- YouTube Video Analytics: Are You Tracking The Performance Of Your Videos?
- Video Optimization (SEO): 12 Steps For Optimizing YouTube Videos And Gain High Rankings In The Search Engines
- Top 10 Video Marketing Mistakes To Avoid And How To Correct Them
- Video Engagement: 7 Ways To Make Your Videos More Engaging
- How To Achieve The Apple White Background For Video
- iPhone Video Hero Review: How To Create Professional Videos Using Your iPhone
- 5 Ways to Use Video to Connect With Customers - Search Engine Watch