Are you struggling to get your YouTube Channel noticed?
If you’re just starting out or have a ton of competitors you’re probably having a hard time trying to stand out from the crowd. When your channel gets noticed on YouTube you’ll receive a lot more views and subscribers.
Here are my Top 7 Tips to get your YouTube Channel noticed:
1. Know your target market
If you don’t know who your channel will appeal to it will be difficult to create the right content. If you don’t have the right content you’ll get very few viewers and subscribers.
Here are some of the ways to find your target market:
- Visit social media sites where your audience hangs out and interact with them
- Visit YouTube channels that are related to your niche to see what topics are being covered
- Read the comments of related channels to see what’s being discussed
- Enter your main keyword in the Google or YouTube search box to see what information people are seeking.
2. Create attractive channel art
Make it easy for first time viewers to understand what your channel is all about when they first visit the channel home page.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Create an attractive channel banner that represents your channel
- Create a channel trailer that encapsulates your channel content
- Describe who your content is for on your about page
3. Correctly structure your YouTube Channel
Organize the different videos on your channel into playlists so people will keep watching more of your videos. This will also satisfy YouTube’s wishes which is to keep people watching videos on YouTube as long as possible. Organize your playlists into sections on your channel home page. This enables channel visitors to watch the videos that they are most interested in.
4. Create videos with relevant content
One of the easiest ways to discover the content your target market is interested in, is to type your keyword into the Google or YouTube search box. You’ll then see a list of suggestions to create videos for. Also look for questions that your target market is asking then answer them in a video.
If you are your own target market, think about the videos that you want to watch because you probably share the same thoughts as others who are on the same level.
5. Make engaging videos
People have short attention spans so you have to make your videos engaging if you want to keep them watching the video all the way through.
Here’s some tips to keep them engaged:
- Tell people what to expect at the beginning of your video, then get straight into the meat of the content followed by a call to action such as “please subscribe to my channel to receive more videos like this one every week.”
- Avoid the fluff. Make sure you provide high quality content so viewers will want to come back to your channel every week to view the new content.
- Utilize graphics to enhance your video content. Use b-roll footage to spice up your videos because nobody wants to watch a talking head video for 10 minutes.
- Use end screens and annotations. YouTube added these features to make it easy for viewers to subscribe to your channel or be redirected to your landing page.
6. Create engaging thumbnails
A thumbnail picture is displayed on Google and YouTube for every video you upload. Avoid using the thumbnails that are auto-generated by YouTube. Instead create your own custom thumbnail so it will stand out amongst all the other listings in the search engines. An easy way to make a unique thumbnail is to include a picture of your face.
7. Promote your videos
Extend the reach of your audience by promoting your videos off YouTube. Promote them using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Embed your video on your own website as well as Web 2.0 sites. If you have some extra cash think about advertising your your video using adwords for video.
Here’s a bonus Tip
Uploading one video every month is not going to get your channel noticed. Commit yourself to at least uploading one new video every week so you get a consistent stream of traffic.
There you have it…7 ways to get your YouTube channel noticed.
Let me ask you a question..
What are YOU currently doing to get your channel noticed?
Post your answers in the comments below.
If you want to learn how generate traffic, leads and sales on autopilot become a member of my YouTube Marketing Course at TubeVideoBootCamp.com