People ask me all the time, “how do I grow my YouTube channel?” Even though they may have purchased multiple video marketing courses they still wonder why their channel hasn’t grown fast enough.
Here are my top 10 YouTube life hacks that have contributed to the growth of my YouTube channel and how you can use the same hacks for the growth of your own channel.
Watch the video below
When I started my youtube channel way back in 2006 I would just upload videos every now and then. This is because I didn’t clearly define the purpose of my channel. As a result my channel received little or no views and subscribers.t was only when I decided to use YouTube videos to generate leads to my web design business, that I received an uptick in traffic.
My passion for creating videos kicked into high gear when people started asking me how to use video marketing to promote their services and products. I get inspired and motivated when I can help people solve their problems. As a result I began uploading tutorials and creating online courses related to video marketing.
When I first began my YouTube Channel it was hard to believe that it would be successful, because I had no audience. One of the keys to success was to find keywords that people were searching on in Google and YouTube. I would then create videos based around those keywords.
As more people discovered my videos based upon their searches in Google and YouTube my audience growth increased. People often give up when they don’t see immediate success. I discovered that YouTube channel growth is slow at the beginning, but speeds up as your videos gain traction in the search engines.
Fear leads to inaction. One of the scariest things I had to overcome was appearing in front of a camera. It initially made me very nervous as I stuttered to get my message out. When I focused more on sharing the message that I wanted to get across to my audience rather than worrying about what I look like or sound like, then my fears went away. It also helped that I could edit out my mistakes before my video went public.
Striving for perfection doesn’t produce immediate results because you’re always analyzing. For example recently I spent 1 hour recording a video only to find out later, that I hadn’t plugged in the microphone. As a result the audio on the video sounded terrible but I uploaded it anyway. It’s better to take action and upload an imperfect video rather than not uploading a video at all.
Perseverance is not a long race. It’s the accumulation of many races one after the other. Success is the result of hard work, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, loving what you are doing or learning to do. You can’t learn all the steps that it takes to grow a YouTube channel in one hour. Channel growth is a process that requires a great investment of time and energy over a certain period of time.
Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday. For example I sometimes get stuck for content ideas for future videos. If I put it off until the last minute it kills my creativity and causes anxiety and stress. I’ve now learned to keep an ongoing list of content ideas when I’m in a creative mindset.
In my of my recent videos named “YouTube Channel Growth Rate Case Study” I showed how my channel growth rate was very slow at the beginning because I was only uploading videos every now and then. I’d only hear crickets. When I changed my upload frequency to twice a week, my growth rate increased dramatically.
It’s easy lose to inspiration and motivation when you receive little results from all your efforts. You may get discouraged by reading negative comments or comparing your channel growth with others. Instead of going it a lone get support from other YouTubers by interacting with them in the comments, joining their facebook groups, newsletter, or forums. You’ll find that other YouTubers are experiencing the same problems as you.
10. Be yourself
It’s impossible to please everybody so instead of trying to impress people just be yourself. It’s better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants you to be. Focus more on the tasks that you love to do that generate energy rather than activities that leave you drained. If you love what you are doing you will be successful.
If you want to learn how generate traffic, leads and sales on autopilot become a member of my YouTube Marketing Course at TubeVideoBootCamp.com
- Youtube Channel Growth Rate Case Study - 7 Lessons Learned
- YouTube Hacks To Grow Your Channel - Top 12
- YouTube Growth Mindset Mistakes To Avoid & How To Solve Them
- How To Become Successful On YouTube
- How To Get Your YouTube Videos Noticed - My Top 10 Tips
- How To Make Your Own YouTube Channel Art In 60 Seconds
- How To Rename Your YouTube Channel Without Affecting Any Videos Or Channel Features
- How To Come Up With A YouTube Channel Name Or Get A Custom Channel URL
- Top 7 Ways To Get Your YouTube Channel Noticed
- 50 YouTube Video Ideas To Grow Your YouTube Channel
- How To Find Your Niche On YouTube - Top 7 Ways
- How To Identify Your Passion On YouTube And Start A YouTube Channel
- 21 YouTube Mistakes To Avoid And How To Fix Them
- How To Grow Your YouTube Channel FAST
- 3 Big YouTube Numbers Video Marketers Need to Care About - Tubular Insights
- YouTube surpasses 1B daily viewing hours - Marketing Dive
- Why YouTube's move to ditch 30-second unskippable ads makes it 'more powerful' - Marketing Week
- Youtube's Super Chat: A Guerilla Marketing Gift - hypebot.com
- YouTube rolls out mobile live streaming - Marketing Dive
- Five Reasons To Incorporate Video Into Your Next Marketing Campaign - Forbes
- Social Media Video Marketing Must Knows - BusinessZone (blog)
- Fractionalized Content: The New Keys to Video Marketing on Social Media - Adweek
- Video Marketing: 2017 and Beyond - Business 2 Community
- Mastering the content generation: How to create successful video marketing - The Drum
- 10 seconds or less: A primer on extra-short video marketing ... - Marketing Dive
- Going Global? A Video Marketing Strategy Is Your Key to Success - The Content Standard by Skyword