Did you know that you can edit a video on YouTube without
affecting it’s views, comments or rankings?
This means you can trim any of your old videos, save the original URL and get it re-indexed by Google. You can also create multiple versions of the same video without even leaving YouTube.
The YouTube video editor saves you time and money because it’s easy to learn, you don’t have to purchase expensive software and the video can be edited right on YouTube for free.
Here are the Pros and Cons of using
YouTube’s Online Video Editor
- Saves time and money because it’s free and easy to use
- Ability to trim your videos..you can trim the beginning,
end or even cut out a middle section
- Ability to remix and reuse cc video clips..you can take your creative commons video clip then remix and reuse it to create your own commercial video
- Ability to create multiple versions of the same video..say you want to create multiple versions of the same video from nearby cities. Instead of wasting time using your desktop video editing software you can do it quickly and easily using the youtube video editor.
- Ability to add effects..you can change the look and feel of your video
by adding different effects such as changing it to black and white.
- Ability to add transitions..create smooth transitions between video clips
by using crossover or crossfade transitions.
- Ability to add creative commons images or creative commons music..you can use these elements to enhance the quality of your videos online.
- Ability to combine videos..bundle several video clips together to create your own unique video. Trim the videos to include your best scenes, select the music track from the audio library, drag it down to the timeline, add a few transitions between the video clips and then save it as a brand new video.
- The YouTube editor is a basic video editor so you
can’t do many fancy things.
- Unable to add your own music but you can use the audio tracks from youtube’s audio library without copyright infringement.
- Unable to overlay graphics but you can graphics to the beginning or end of your video
- Unable to overlay text but you can add the text slide to the beginning or end of your video
- Unable to combine video clips without creating a new video. You can combine several video clips together then save it as a new video.
As you can see there are a few limitations to the youtube video editor. I highly recommend using YouTube’s free online video editor If you want to quickly and easily make your own video or trim a video that’s already been uploaded.
If you want to learn how generate traffic, leads and sales on autopilot become a member of my YouTube Marketing Course at TubeVideoBootCamp.com
- How To Edit Videos On YouTube After Upload
- How To Use YouTube Creative Commons Videos To Make Your Own Video
- How To Use Creative Commons Videos On YouTube - Top 5 Ways
- How To Get 13,000 Subscribers on YouTube - My Top 7 Ways
- How To Make A YouTube Video End Screen To Increase Views And Subscribers
- How To Use B-roll To Spice Up Your YouTube Videos
- 7 Ways To Come Up With New YouTube Video Ideas For Beginners
- YouTube Video Ideas You Probably Never Thought Of - My Top 12 Tips
- My 10 Point Checklist To Create A Description Template For All Your YouTube Videos
- How To Get More Views On YouTube For Free Using TubeBuddy
- 5 marketing trends to watch for in 2017 - VentureBeat
- How to Create a Video Marketing Strategy That Works - Business 2 Community
- 5 Awesome Examples Of Brands Using Live Video For Marketing - Forbes
- 8 Industries That Must Have a Video Marketing Strategy - WordStream (blog)
- Online Video Marketing: Medium Has Become Too Easy ... - Transport Topics Online
- Video Storytelling Marketing Will Go Viral in 2017 - Small Business Trends
- How To Incorporate Video Marketing Into Your Communications Strategy - Forbes
- Ten Great Examples of Video Content Marketing - Forbes
- Instagram Adds Vertical Format for Photo, Video Ads - SocialTimes
- Facebook video pays off - TechCrunch
- Twitch's new video ads can't be blocked | TechCrunch - TechCrunch