New YouTube Monetization Rules 2021 (Small Channels Not Getting Paid For Non-Monetized Videos)

Below are the new “right to monetize” rules, that were added to YouTube’s Terms Of Service Nov 18, 2020. I’m going to explain how it affects you and what you can do about it.

You grant YouTube the right to monetize your content. This includes displaying ads on or within your content, or charging users a fee for access. This agreement doesn’t entitle you to any payments.

Any payments you receive will be treated as royalties, such as payments under the YouTube Partner Program, channel memberships, and Super Chat. Google will withhold taxes for such payments.

Click here to get The One Blueprint That Gives You Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Grow A Profitable YouTube Channel.

YouTube will begin slowly rolling out ads to a limited number of channels that are not in the YouTube Partner Program. This means you may begin seeing some ads displayed on YouTube videos even if you’re not in the YouTube Partner Program. You also won’t receive a share of the ad revenue that’s generated from these ads.

Here’s my take on this new rule….

YouTube is a free social media platform that allows you to spread your message to thousands or even millions of people across the globe from the comfort of your own home.

They also provide a free hosting service for all the videos on your channel as well as free analytics so you can track the performance of every single video.

Another huge benefit is that YouTube content is evergreen. It’s working for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year after year. For example, I have videos on my channel that I created years ago that are still generating traffic, leads, and sales on autopilot.

YouTube updated their terms of service so that any payments from YouTube to US creators are now called royalties. Some creators may be required to submit tax information or AdSense for the sake of withholding taxes under US law. YouTube says that US creators will be generally unaffected by this withholding taxes as long as they provide valid documentation.

Keep in mind that YouTube has been splitting ad revenue with creators for many years. Google keeps 45% of YouTube advertising and you get the remaining 55%. That’s a pretty good deal.

How you quickly monetize my YouTube channel so you can claim some of that ad revenue?

If you want to get paid by YouTube, you have to become a member of the YouTube Partner Program, which requires 4,000 watch hours and 1,000 subscribers in the past 12 months.

Click here to watch my video on how to get 4,000 hours watch time on YouTube channel quickly.

Here are a couple of ways that have been very effective for me for quickly gaining watch hours and subscribers.

  1. Go live.
    For example, if you go live for one hour on your channel and you have 10 people that stay for the hour, you get 10 watch hours on your channel. If you go live every week, you’ll soon accumulate those necessary 4,000 watch hours.
  2. Increase upload frequency.
    If you’re currently uploading once a week, try uploading two times a week. The more videos you upload, the faster you’ll meet the threshold of 4,000 watch hours and 1,000 subscribers. If you combine the watch hours and subscribers you get from regular videos with your live stream videos, you’ll get there faster.

    Click here to discover the other methods for quickly getting 4,000 watch hours on YouTube.

    How can I block or turn off ads on YouTube videos?

    The best solution for blocking ads on YouTube videos is to subscribe to YouTube Premium. You can get a one-month free trial to try it out and if you like it, you’ll just pay $11.99 per month. If you’re a student, you only pay $6.99 per month. If you’re a family of up to five members, you only pay $17.99 a month.

    How can I block those recurring annoying ads if I don’t want to pay for YouTube Premium?

    You can use the ‘Blocking controls’ on your Google AdSense account. You can block ads from individual advertisers, block sensitive categories, and even block general categories.

    Watch this video to discover how to block specific ads on YouTube.

Click here to get The One Blueprint That Gives You Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Grow A Profitable YouTube Channel.

Speak Your Mind